Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Love Thy Neighbour (Unless he is a raving queer, then burn the hertic)

Ah, the hyprocrital nature of some religious figures is showing itself again. Not only are the fundalmentalist scrooges content on wrecking Christmas for fans of "Jerry Springer: The Oprea", they are now protesting outside homosexual civil partnerships, calling them an "abomination" and would protect "the children", although I wonder why children need to be protected from something as sinster as Gay Civil Partnerships, do they think that the ceremony causes children to have horrible pains?

"OH NO, ITS A FEW HOMOSEXUALS GETTING MARRIED, QUICK CALL THE POLICE, BEFORE THE CEREMONY HURTS SOME CHILDREN..."

Or are they under some strange and misguided idea that now homosexuals can have Civil Partnerships, that somehow children will think "Hey, that is cool, even thought I am a boy and I fancy girls/I am a girl and I fancy boys, I think I will go and marry another person of the same sex when I am older, I mean, Elton John is doing it, and he is my heerrrro...." As if......

Or maybe the few religious nuts fear that homosexuals are starting to actually get equal rights in society, and the small numbr of religious crackpots want to return to a time where homosexuality was illegal and people who were gay were imprisoned/hounded out of society/stoned/murder/burned at the stakes! The fact is that for homosexuals, it is perfectly natural for gays to have feelings for other people of the same gender, it is not a mental illness, it is not something they wake up in the morning and decide "Oh I know, today I will be a gay"
No, it is normal for them, and the handful of religious cranks need to get over it and move into the 21st Century, and not in the 19th Century or earlier in which they seem to think it still is, in there little minds.

The sad fact is, that it is a handful of hateful idiots, like the ones protesting, that makes the Church seem to be stuck in the past, as an old, out of date, hateful, homophobic, anti-female, racist and conservative insitution, that has no place in today's society, and the moderate many in every branch of religious faith, should do more to fight to bring every faith, be it Catholic, Protestant, Islam or whatever, bring that faith into the 21st century and trying to make sure that they stand up and show that the religion they believe in is moderate and is relervant in today's society, and this is coming from an athiest!!! I am also hetrosexual by the way, in case anyone out there is thinking that I am a homosexual and I am bound to say such stuff, no I am not, and most right minded, sensible hetrosexuals think that there is nothing wrong with homosexaulity and that their is nothing wrong with civil partnerships, and to be honest, most are not really bothered either way.

Anyway, I say good luck to any homosexual couple who is going to get "married"/have a partnership, and good luck in your future relationship, I for one am glad to see that Britain is moving into the 21st century.


Random fact:

knowledge of just 100 words would allow you to understand half of any book, even adult fiction, researchers at Warwick University say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home